Attention! Partners, please be advised that we will be changing the theme on this website in the coming two weeks. Click here to find out more.

How do you Uninstall a Mobile Agent?

This forum is for the discussion of mobile device management.

How do you Uninstall a Mobile Agent?

Postby cnicol.esconsult » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm

I've searched for this in the documentation and I've looked all over the MDM interface, but I can't find a way to uninstall an agent from these managed devices? What happens if a customer says, I don't want you to monitor device X, or they decide to cancel their contract? I'll need a way to remove the agent from their device.

Did I miss something in documentation?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris
cnicol.esconsult

Re: How do you Uninstall a Mobile Agent?

Postby bbrown.labtechsoftware » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:09 am

http://support.labtechsoftware.com/solutions/labtech-overview/labtech-docs/item/1078-kb501693701008-mobile-device-manager-mobile-rmm-agent-will-not-uninstall-on-android-devices.html

The Agent side removal process is different for both Android and iOS. On iOS, navigate to Settings -> General ->Profiles, click on the Mobile RMM profile, then click remove.

For Android, go to Settings -> Security -> Device Administrators -> Uncheck Mobile RMM Agent, then proceed to uninstall the app just like you would any other app.

With either of these methods, the device has to be removed from the MDM Dashboard manually by right clicking on the device from the main view and selecting "Delete Devices".
bbrown.labtechsoftware

Re: How do you Uninstall a Mobile Agent?

Postby cnicol.esconsult » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much. I'm used to Apple devices.
Chris
cnicol.esconsult

Return to Mobile Device Management