LabTech Support Forums

Windows Passwords

This forum is for discussion of script related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Windows Passwords

Postby jeckert.lucaspos » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:02 am

I am looking for a way to obtain some global information about all of our locations. We have 1297 computers to consider here, so doing this manually is not an option.

basically, we have a utility that runs on a service account. Unfortunately there has been some issues with password expiration and changes.

Each time the password changes, the utility has a .cfg file that needs to be changed in order for it to function properly. if the password is not changed manually, the utility will not function.

I can log into an individual computer an run a net user <account goes here> and it will tell me when the password was last set, if it is set to expire, when it last expired, etc.
We want to know if there is a way to run net user for the service account and get details back for all computers.
jeckert.lucaspos

Re: Windows Passwords

Postby teamits » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Presumably it's a local user on each PC. Can you pull the output of "net user" into a custom field? Or maybe script the password change, and look at the date of the .cfg file (or a separate file you write...contents immaterial) to find the date of that file?
Steve
teamits

Postby jeckert.lucaspos » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:08 am

I haven't the foggiest how I would accomplish that.
jeckert.lucaspos

Postby teamits » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:32 pm

The Variable Set script function has options for File Date and File Contents. I'm sure there's a way to store data in an extra data field but don't know that offhand. And then File Write Text to write out the .cfg file.
Steve
teamits

Return to Scripts