LabTech Support Forums

Server Online Alert after Offline

This forum is for discussion of monitor related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Server Online Alert after Offline

Postby john.pdx » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 pm

We moved to LabTech from Kaseya and one thing we are severely lacking in our setup is an online notification after a server goes offline. We have a number of false alarms that we're working on but it would be easier if there was a notification when the server is back online.

I know this can be done because I see people talking about it. What is the best way to set this up? I've tried the "Send Fail After Success" and that doesn't seem to work for us. I'm thinking of creating a script that is scheduled when a server is detected offline, and when it checks back in the script will run and notify our on-call people that it is back online.

Has anyone else already solved this problem?
john.pdx

Re: Server Online Alert after Offline

Postby teamits » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Are you using Ignite? We are not yet but since we installed LabTech a few years back it has always emailed the "offline - success" when closing the alert. I would check the configuration of the internal monitor that is being triggered. On its Alerting tab is there an Alert Message On Success defined?

Send Fail After Success just means that the alert won't trigger again until the original alert is cleared, as opposed to triggering daily or hourly even if it is still in a Failure state.
Steve
teamits

Postby john.pdx » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 pm

We are using Ignite and I didn't change the logic anywhere until I started trying to resolve the problem.

What you are describing sounds like the way I believed it should work, but it doesn't seem to do that for us. I set up a separate alert to email me directly when servers go offline, and I have messages in both "Alert Message on Success" and "Alert Message on Failure". I receive the email when it goes offline but I never receive the email when it comes back online.

Thank you for describing how yours is working and letting me know we have a problem instead of just a wrong assumption on how it SHOULD work. I'm going to create a support ticket to have it resolved.

John
john.pdx

Postby craig.andrews.rgit2 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Im having the Same issue. i get an email when the server Goes offline. but dont hear a thing when the Server starts checking in again.

How do you have yours set up?
craig.andrews.rgit2

Postby tim.xxpert » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Any resolution for this? I'm wondering how to set this up to since we had Kaseya also send us an email alert when the server went back online.
tim.xxpert

Postby hrumbough.beaconcomm » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:44 am

SendFailAfter Success.jpg
(146.2 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
For the Monitor Mode you have to choose Send Fail After Success

You get an alert for the server going down and going up.

We've been using this for 2 years now.
hrumbough.beaconcomm

Postby james.teamspring » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:32 am

I'm using ignite, and I do not get the online alerts. I just verified that the configuration for LT - Offline Master Servers is set to Send fail after Success as well.

James
james.teamspring

Postby ydavydov.intelligentitnyc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi, did anyone ever find a way to fix this issue ? i am having the same issue all of the sudden, not all all servers just a few, when they come back online i do not receive a message
ydavydov.intelligentitnyc

Return to Monitors