LabTech Support Forums

LabTech Monitor + Script That Finds Differences Within a Fi

This forum is for discussion of monitor related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

LabTech Monitor + Script That Finds Differences Within a Fi

Postby gsiebert.divmedia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Hello,

I recently learned how to create monitors that trigger basic scripts like restarting a service that is down. I want to get a bit more complex with this by doing something else.

Background: We have clients who need to regularly update their software to display new content (video and picture advertisements). They want to rely on us to push these updates without having to use a different resource.

The best solution I could come up with is a monitor that checks to make sure these content files sitting on our server match what is on the computers that we have registered for the client. I know you can do it by file size by using the Files or Directories/Check File Size monitor, but we think it's more important for it to look for changes within the file itself. Each line of the code within the content on the clients computer should match the most up to date content that we have on our server. If they don't match, LabTech triggers a script which will overwrite the file on the computer from our internal server. I don't think using the "check if file exists" monitor would work either since the file names could be the same but the actual data inside the file could be different.

Using the monitor wizard, I don't see a viable option to do this. So I'm thinking it's either not a feature that can be supported, or it's going to require some really customized monitoring. Any help you can provide would be highly appreciated.
gsiebert.divmedia

Re: LabTech Monitor + Script That Finds Differences Within a

Postby ralph.powell.youritdesk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:43 am

consider file size? If not custom monitor developed by Labtech
ralph.powell.youritdesk

Return to Monitors