LabTech Support Forums

LT10 Agent default redirector

This forum is for discussion of redirector related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

LT10 Agent default redirector

Postby troy.ltcs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:09 am

In 2013 you could right click on where it says LabVNC and set the default agent to RDP. How do you do that now in LT10? Right click does not do anything.
troy.ltcs

Re: LT10 Agent default redirector

Postby mhogan.labtechsoftware » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Good Afternoon Troy,

The default redirector option was removed in LabTech 10 and is no longer available, LabVNC is now the default global redirector. You can still use any of the redirectors by right clicking on the machine and going to Network Redirectors or by clicking on the section for Redirectors in the Computer Management Screen and selecting a redirector.
mhogan.labtechsoftware

Postby charlesa.infinitesys » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:35 pm

However, screenconnect is not listed there. I spoke with tech support and it maybe could be added as a custom command, but not sure how to do that with the way labtech stores the session ids
charlesa.infinitesys

Postby troy.ltcs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:01 pm

That sucks.... Please have them put it back in. More clicks are bad and inconvenient. Need this for servers, we RDP to instead of VNC. But since ScreenConnect is so nice maybe we will start using that for servers.... Or let us add the DRP as its own button. And move order around would be nice...
Last edited by troy.ltcs on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troy.ltcs

Postby troy.ltcs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:52 pm

charlesa.infinitesys Did you download the plug in via the new solutions Center and then enable it thru help Plugin Manager? for me it is not listed under the redirectors but as its own option 2 buttons to the right. See attached...
Attachments
lt.jpg
(13.35 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
troy.ltcs

Postby charlesa.infinitesys » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Hello troy.ltcs,

We use that method to access screenconnect. However, I agree, being able to right click and high screen connect would be great.
charlesa.infinitesys

Postby tmeuter.slpowers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:56 pm

+1 on the ability to call the command from the custom menu for ScreenConnect. It is not really convenient when you have to open the actual agent then click on ScreenConnect. (although it is still faster than waiting on the Tunnel to build and VNC to connect)
tmeuter.slpowers

Postby ian.integra-xp » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:12 am

I wrote a small powershell script (based on the work of others) which uses the screenconnect webservice (also written by someone else - see the SC forums) to accept a GUID and open the connection. I have this installed into the command menu. Thus we just click commands>connect via screenconnect

SquattingDog software have a plugin to add a button - which I suspect we could use to run the script from the mainscreen much like labvnc

Ian
-- Ian Murphy
ian.integra-xp

Postby hrumbough.beaconcomm » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Ian,

Any chance you would share your script? I was looking into this yesterday for a way to do this.
hrumbough.beaconcomm

Postby ian.integra-xp » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:56 am

My solution is based on bits from several places:
http://www.labtechgeek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1078
http://www.labtechgeek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=446

I didn't like any of the above in isolation but combined they work well.

so, what I did was take:
    *the screenconnect webservice mentioned above, no changes
    *the EDF + deploy script + GUID detection script mentioned above
    *the little chunck of PS mentioned above
and I rewrote the PS to be a bit more helpful. It depends on all the above though.

Its a simple powershell module which takes two parameters, the url and the guid. It connects to the webservice on the screenconnect site and requests a a url for the machine with guid xxxxx. It then launches the exe from the url.
As per the thread on ltg, I added a menu option to CC to launch the powershell script, passing the url and guid.

sc.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 561 times

The script creates a file in your profile which stores your login credentials to the screenconnect server. If you change your password you need to delete it.

The script also contains some redundant code which displays a winforms interface. Its a work in progress.
-- Ian Murphy
ian.integra-xp

Postby charlesa.infinitesys » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:59 am

I tried to add a custom command and it isn't showing up under the commands menu or right click menu. Is there something I am missing?
charlesa.infinitesys

Postby hrumbough.beaconcomm » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:57 pm

I have added this to Labtech but I get an error. Application cannot be started. Contact the Application Vendor.

Do I need to modify the LaunchHostClient.ashx? And does this file get saved to inetpub\wwwroot\Labtech?

Any ideas or help? :)

When I run this from powershell from the server:

Method invocation failed because [Deserialized.System.Management.Automation.PSCredential] doesn't contain a method name
d 'GetNetworkCredential'.
At line:1 char:166
+ $F=$env:USERPROFILE+'\ScreenConnectCredentials.xml';$E=Test-Path $F;if($E -eq $false){get-credential|EXPORT-CLIXML $F
};$c=IMPORT-CLIXML $F;$a=$c.GetNetworkCredential <<<< ().password;$r=invoke-webrequest -uri http://agent.beaconcomm.net
:8040/LaunchHostClient.ashx?ID=%eScreenConnect GUID% -Headers @{"Authorization"='Basic '+[System.Convert]::ToBase64Stri
ng([System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8.GetBytes($c.username+':'+$a))};Invoke-Expression 'rundll32 dfshim.dll,ShOpenVerbApplica
tion $r.content'
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (GetNetworkCredential:String) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : MethodNotFound

The term 'invoke-webrequest' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Che
ck the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:198
+ $F=$env:USERPROFILE+'\ScreenConnectCredentials.xml';$E=Test-Path $F;if($E -eq $false){get-credential|EXPORT-CLIXML $F
};$c=IMPORT-CLIXML $F;$a=$c.GetNetworkCredential().password;$r=invoke-webrequest <<<< -uri http://agent.beaconcomm.net
:8040/LaunchHostClient.ashx?ID=%eScreenConnect GUID% -Headers @{"Authorization"='Basic '+[System.Convert]::ToBase64Stri
ng([System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8.GetBytes($c.username+':'+$a))};Invoke-Expression 'rundll32 dfshim.dll,ShOpenVerbApplica
tion $r.content'
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (invoke-webrequest:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
hrumbough.beaconcomm

Postby rayithy.itechnologies » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:58 pm

I am getting an error "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error". I tried below command in browser then I got this error:
command:
http://screenconnect.itechnologies.com. ... t.ashx?ID=%Gaveguidhere%

Error:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.10586.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
clr.dll : 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Invalid URI: The URI is empty.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
No phase information is available.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [7/13/2016 1:26:36 PM] System.UriFormatException
- Invalid URI: The URI is empty.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Am I missing anything?
I tried with screenconnect admin userid password, system userid password and I placed the LaunchHostClient.ashx file under C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenConnect in screen connect server.
rayithy.itechnologies

Postby gmarlett.pelstar » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:57 pm

ian.integra-xp wrote:My solution is based on bits from several places:
http://www.labtechgeek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1078
http://www.labtechgeek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=446

I didn't like any of the above in isolation but combined they work well.

so, what I did was take:
    *the screenconnect webservice mentioned above, no changes
    *the EDF + deploy script + GUID detection script mentioned above
    *the little chunck of PS mentioned above
and I rewrote the PS to be a bit more helpful. It depends on all the above though.

Its a simple powershell module which takes two parameters, the url and the guid. It connects to the webservice on the screenconnect site and requests a a url for the machine with guid xxxxx. It then launches the exe from the url.
As per the thread on ltg, I added a menu option to CC to launch the powershell script, passing the url and guid.

sc.zip

The script creates a file in your profile which stores your login credentials to the screenconnect server. If you change your password you need to delete it.

The script also contains some redundant code which displays a winforms interface. Its a work in progress.

How do I add that powershell module to a powershell command? Do I just paste the content of the .psm1 file into the parameters field? I have the original command working (the one with this as the parameter): $F=$env:USERPROFILE+'\ScreenConnectCredentials.xml';$E=Test-Path $F;if($E -eq $false){get-credential|EXPORT-CLIXML $F};$c=IMPORT-CLIXML $F;$a=$c.GetNetworkCredential().password;$r=invoke-webrequest -uri http://DOMAINREDACTED/LaunchHostClient.ashx?ID=%eScreenconnect GUID% -Headers @{"Authorization"='Basic '+[System.Convert]::ToBase64String([System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8.GetBytes($c.username+':'+$a))};Invoke-Expression 'rundll32 dfshim.dll,ShOpenVerbApplication $r.content'
gmarlett.pelstar

Postby ian.integra-xp » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:30 am

None of the above is necessary any more as LT 10.5 integrates a Screenconnect button which does the same as my hack above. Its built in now.

Just so you know, the powershell had to be saved into a shared path, like L:\scripts\thescript.ps1 and the menu option just calls the script, nothing more. Its not very sophisticated, the 'integration' is that the menu option passes it a guid, which is pulled from an EDF which was filled out by another script.
-- Ian Murphy
ian.integra-xp

Return to Tunnels & Redirectors