LabTech Support Forums

Groups not executinng scripts on computers

This forum is for discussion of group related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Groups not executinng scripts on computers

Postby dguby.tech-ii » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:10 pm

I have created a group, and created an auto-join script to populate the group. The group populates fine and the PC's show up as they should. I have been trying to execute a script on all computers in the group that will further filter the PC's into subgroups. Unfortunately, the scripts are not executing from the group, and I don't know why.

If I run the script on the PC manually it runs just fine and the PC moves to the subgroup. But when I schedule the script in the group, it does not execute, and there is nothing in the endpoint's script log showing that it was scheduled or ran.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any thoughts on what may be missing?
dguby.tech-ii

Re: Groups not executinng scripts on computers

Postby dguby.tech-ii » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 pm

I managed to find the solution to my issue.

The problem was that the members of my group were also members of a Master group, and so these machines would automatically be removed from my group before the scripts would execute (as I had not had it set as a grey master group). The problem was exacerbated due to the fact that LT does not reflect that immediately, so I was still viewing the endpoints as if they were a member of the group.

Changing the groups to greyed out master groups solved the issue.
dguby.tech-ii

Re: Groups not executinng scripts on computers

Postby teamits » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

The group membership is updated at intervals. I think at one point it was every 30 or 60 minutes but that may have changed.

I am not sure I understand a valid reason for Master groups, that cannot be handled by searches...seems like it's just going to cause confusion, especially because one doesn't expect to "gray out" checkboxes as a third setting (and LabTech seems to use that a lot).
Steve
teamits

Return to Group Management