LabTech Support Forums

Members not added to groups by searches

This forum is for discussion of group related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Members not added to groups by searches

Postby matt.rohler.myitpros » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 am

I have a ticket in with support which they have deemed a reported issue.

Regarding your reported issue, I wanted to let you know that your ticket is advancing through our Reported Issues process. However, this ticket is not being actively monitored unless we receive a status update from Development or QA. This email is for informational purposes only; please do not reply to this ticket.

Any additional information or new concerns should be addressed in a Customer Service ticket: customerservice@modernofficesuite.com

However this has severely limited my usage of Labtech.

Searches do not add members to the groups properly. Some members that are in the search get added and others not. It doesnt matter if it is a stock labtech search/group or something I have created.

Anyone else have this issue and get no help from support?
matt.rohler.myitpros

Re: Members not added to groups by searches

Postby earndt.labtechsoftware » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:14 am

I know that this is a late reply, but also might help others.

If any search is truly broke, i.e. searching for an Extra Data Field that no longer exists, Group-building will not occur until the search is fixed. This behavior affects LabTech v51.156 or later. This is still valid with LT2013 (60.239).

LabTech Alerts or Tickets will generally be created regarding "Broken Searches" with a searchID that is not working.

We also like to reference the LTAErrors.txt log in C:\Program FIles (x86)\LabTech\Logs\ on the LT server. If a search is truly broken, many instances of the broken search referencing the search ID and reason.
earndt.labtechsoftware
LabTech Support Engineer
LabTech Support Engineer

Return to Group Management