LabTech Support Forums

Template checkbox

This forum is for discussion of template related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Template checkbox

Postby jdixon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Ok I'm confused about something or it isn't working properly.

On the templates there are "some" checkboxes that you can fill in with a blue square meaing they are "disabled and will not apply to agents".

labtech.png
labtech.png (3.11 KiB) Viewed 44962 times

What I'm trying to do is deploy agents without showing the service ticket menu. The problem is it shows it anyways.

So my question is... if I want something to be replaced by another template do I leave it unchecked or do I place a blue square in it? So if I have my deployment template with the ticket menu UNCHECKED and have another template for "Tickets Enabled" with it checked will that work?

My idea is to deploy all agents without ticketing and drag the clients or computers into a group that has a Tickets Enabled template that will enable that functionality. It doesn't seem to work though.. they are all deploying with the create service ticket menu.
jdixon

Re: Template checkbox

Postby teamits » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Unchecked means to disable. Grayed (blued) out means to ignore. So a setting should be grayed out in all templates except the one that defines the setting. However like group policy, graying out a checkbox will not turn off a setting, it will just keep whatever is already set on the agent.

Remember, you have to apply the template to its group and apply the configuration to the agent before it will take effect.
Steve
teamits

Re: Template checkbox

Postby jdixon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:17 pm

steve wrote:Unchecked means to disable. Grayed (blued) out means to ignore. So a setting should be grayed out in all templates except the one that defines the setting. However like group policy, graying out a checkbox will not turn off a setting, it will just keep whatever is already set on the agent.

Remember, you have to apply the template to its group and apply the configuration to the agent before it will take effect.

Thanks Steve! Just what I needed to make sure of. I asked this question when I called Labtech and they told me I should leave it cleared.. I think we may have misunderstood each other
jdixon

Return to Templates