LabTech Support Forums

Manually applied templates

This forum is for discussion of template related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Manually applied templates

Postby dnickel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 pm

I am trying to clean up our templates to configure patch management. Looking at the Effective Policy I see manual applied templates. I take it this was set during onboarding...how do you remove this template? How does it affect the stacking of settings?
Thanks
David
dnickel

Re: Manually applied templates

Postby vernon.app-care » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:28 pm

David,

Looking at this in 2011 and below I believe Manually Applied represents where templates were applied either at the time the agent was manually added to a group by being dragged and dropped on the group or by a template being manually applied to a group's agent using the apply button.

I had to dig as I use autojoin groups to populate groups where I am applying templates. To track this down look at the group membership of the agent and check each group for the template you want to remove. Switch the template to None and hit apply to force the change. down the the affected agents.
Vernon Southmayd
Java, Reader, iTunes and others - Audited, Updated, Verified, Ticketed and Billed
web: http://www.app-care.com
vernon.app-care

Postby dnickel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Yes..thank you.

I cleared my groups and when the reapplyed it cleared the manual conifg. I found two groups applying the same template
Thanks
David
dnickel

Postby vernon.app-care » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Just for the record, the template apply button on the group tab is going away in 2011.2. Update config will calculate the effective policy for the agent before updating the clients config. this simplifies what is not a multiple step process of calculating the effective policy and then pushing the config to the client.
Vernon Southmayd
Java, Reader, iTunes and others - Audited, Updated, Verified, Ticketed and Billed
web: http://www.app-care.com
vernon.app-care

Return to Templates