LabTech Support Forums

New Report System - DevExpress - Dcoumenation?

This forum is for discussion of report related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

New Report System - DevExpress - Dcoumenation?

Postby bmartin.dcsinc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Has anyone figured out how to work with the new reporting system in any deeper than changing look of the new reports?

I like the new reporting system, but the LT docs for it are lacking to say the least. Most of what I learned was by finding 3rd docs on DevExpress. One major problem I've not overcame yet:

All reports start their life fed from a set of data. I've looked everywhere in a report and can't find where the criteria that is fed to the report is defined.

As a simple example, I need to make a variation of the patch compliance report, but one that is NOT restricted to only computers that have patching issues. I need to show all computers patch status.

The report is somehow fed a criteria/list of computers where patching =! 100%, changing the report to get what I want would be trivial if I could edit the feeding criteria. I assumed it would be a dataview or SQL code but I can't figure it out and support is of no help, saying reports are out of scope. Making changes like this on the old reporting system was trivial.

Thanks in advance.
bmartin.dcsinc

Return to Reporting