LabTech Support Forums

Dataview Creator

This forum is for discussion of dataview related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Dataview Creator

Postby mkeigher.choicesolutions » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 am

There is a Dataview Creator in the LabTech Control Center.

Just set this Property to True: DataviewCreator=True

If it does not exist then you need to create it & you will then find the Dataview creator is in the Tools menu. :)

It is a bit buggy... But should do the job!!

Enjoy!!
Martyn T. Keigher - Managed Services Professional
Choice Solutions LLC

Join us in the ##labtech IRC channel @ http://bit.ly/WeDMb8.
- The channel created by LabTech users for LabTech users!

mkeigher.choicesolutions

Re: Dataview Creator

Postby lalfond.labtechsoftware » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Thank you for your post. That option is not available with fresh installs of 2012 and up. That was a feature of 2011 and has since been retired.
Liz Alfond
LabTech Software Support
lalfond.labtechsoftware

Postby mkeigher.choicesolutions » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:20 pm

lalfond.labtechsoftware wrote:Thank you for your post. That option is not available with fresh installs of 2012 and up. That was a feature of 2011 and has since been retired.

Works for me in my 2013 Pilot! :)

Shame the feature was taken out for a while. Hope it's here to stay now though... I use it often.
Martyn T. Keigher - Managed Services Professional
Choice Solutions LLC

Join us in the ##labtech IRC channel @ http://bit.ly/WeDMb8.
- The channel created by LabTech users for LabTech users!

mkeigher.choicesolutions

Postby lalfond.labtechsoftware » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Verified it is functioning on the full release of 2013.

Excellent!
Liz Alfond
LabTech Software Support
lalfond.labtechsoftware

Postby jdougherty.gravestechnology » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm using 2013 and I do not see this option...?
jdougherty.gravestechnology

Postby ian.integra-xp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Remember to set the property as mentioned in the first post. You set/create it in

Code: Select all
dashboard > config > configurations > properties
-- Ian Murphy
ian.integra-xp

Postby teamits » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:08 pm

After creating the property it shows for me. I was kind of hoping it would let me delete a Dataview but that doesn't appear to be an option.

One could always edit an existing Dataview and click Options/Save Dataview As. (the default is to always save changes to the existing Dataview, even if one doesn't click Options/Save Dataview. :O Options/List Settings/Save Custom Settings on Close )

Edit: To explain, we managed to create a Dataview a while back that doesn't work and now have one permanently named "Invalid Data View - Delete Me"...I should make time to find that in the database someday...
Steve
teamits

Postby dmorin.itauthorities » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:38 am

I was able to enable it.
It is buggy. I created a custom dataview from an Event Log dataview against a search group. The search group got embedded in the newly saved dataview where no matter where I launched it: clients, a client, a machine, whatever, the dataview would only show items that corresponded to the group I originally saved it from. Using the DataView creator, I was able to remove the Select In for the Where.
I'm surprised the other criteria that I had a filter set before saving wasn't listed as a filter for the column but rather became "hard coded" in the Additional Where.
Problem: The event logs use a unique feature where instead of a static icon for the entries in a result of a dataview, the icons are dymamically shown based on the event type. However despite the creator having the function to define the dynamic icon selection at the bottom of the creator, it gets set statically as a caution symbol. Also the dynamic icon mapping isn't even showing right, it is missing the Warning icon, appears to be replaced with an Error icon.

As for TeamITS's question about deleting a dataview, select the dataview in Operations>Dataview><category> in Navigation Tree, right click the dataview and select Delete Datavivew.
Probably what I need to do since the dynamic icon is messed up for my custom event log dataview.
dmorin.itauthorities

Postby teamits » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:24 am

dmorin.itauthorities wrote:As for TeamITS's question about deleting a dataview, select the dataview in Operations>Dataview><category> in Navigation Tree, right click the dataview and select Delete Datavivew.

Hmm, thanks. I don't recall if I found that before or not, but I just tried, and if I right click this particular dataview no menu appears, and the Delete key does nothing, so obviously something is wrong with it.
Steve
teamits

Return to Dataviews