LabTech Support Forums

Weird caching issue

This forum is for discussion of dataview related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Weird caching issue

Postby etch.tier1techs » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Guys, I'm wondering if anybody has had some weird behaviour like I'm having with dataviews. When i save one and view it ... seems like the control center caches the display columns. If I change the columnList order for example, it sometimes works, sometimes it decides to completely remove many columns.

I had a dataview which I inserted via SQL and it worked great ... after wanting to remove/rename columns and it didnt display correctly anymore I deleted it and inserted again which gave it a new ID ... but it still doesnt work like it used to and only shows the columns of the broken one as before, as if it decided to cache the view. The weird thing is while I was testing and modifying the dataview I logged into CC on another computer, as that hadnt had the dataview opened before it opened up and showed the column listing as it was in the dataview record at that moment in time ... makes sense ... but now that computer is stuck to only showing those columns as well at the state it was in when the dataview was opened for the 1st time. So although I have reverted the dataview to its original form ... my computer shows only certain columns and the other computer shows only certain columns (a different set of columns) .... but why would different computers show different columns for the same dataview? CC is restarted, caches reloaded ... but it's like the CC is still caching the dataview when it first loads it and then it won't ever display updates after that. When I use the development DataView Creator tool and do a Test view, it correctly shows the dataview and all columns as it should based on the query .... something is very very wrong and broken here and it is confusing me. At the very least I wouldn't expect different control centers to be displaying different columns for the same dataview ... I've never seen LabTech do that for anything else before.

To confirm, the cache is based on user ... so if user A logs into the control center on computer X or computer Y, they will see dataview in state 1. If user B logs into control center on computer X or computer Y, they will see the dataview in state 2. The cache is user-specific.

I decided to try inserting the dataview again using a different name and this time it worked fine ... so looks like it caches the view per user per dataview name. I then in the CC right-clicked the dataview and renamed it to what it used to be called and boom, the column list immediately changed to the cached version.

Wondering if anybody else has had similar issues?

Thx
etch.tier1techs
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 am

Re: Weird caching issue

Postby etch.tier1techs » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Aha, I'll answer my own question .. found it ... under dataviews options -> List Settings it was ticked for 'Save custom settings on close' .... I cleared this and it picked up the correct view.

It's silly that this is set by default on all dataviews. This means if a dataview were to change in column display then we'd have to ask all users to clear this setting in order to see the update, rather than forcing it to update for all users.
etch.tier1techs
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 am


Return to Dataviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest