LabTech Support Forums

How do I limit results to one instance of each computer?

This forum is for discussion of search related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

How do I limit results to one instance of each computer?

Postby steve.technigogo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 pm

I am trying to create a simple search to find computers that have DropBox installed. I have tried 'like' and 'contains' and I get all computers that have DropBox but some computers have DropBox and "DropBox 20 GB". Still others have "HP DropBox Plugin". The search, 'Is like' dropbox% gets me the closest but I get multiple results if they have both DropBox and DropBox 20 GB installed.

How can I limit to just one result if both are installed?

I have run into this issue before such as when searching for computer with Java installed. It returns every computer that has any version of Java each time.

Thank you in advance.
Steve Waller
Technigogo Technology Services
Austin, Texas
steve.technigogo

Re: How do I limit results to one instance of each computer?

Postby teamits » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:33 pm

In a search there's not a way because the SQL is looking at the software name field, and there are, correctly, multiple results. I just sort by PC name.

If you're trying to do anything with that like run a script limited to a search, or an autojoin group, then it will run the script on each PC once because the PC will be in the group once. (scripts limited to searches create a temporary group)

If run as raw SQL you could join the two tables and search for the software name but only return the PC name, and add a DISTINCT keyword.
Steve
teamits

Return to Searches