LabTech Support Forums

Labtech app, Any chance of one that works?

This forum is for discussion of the LabTech iPhone app.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Labtech app, Any chance of one that works?

Postby mike.ttsd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:26 pm

The LabTech ios mobile app used to sort if work, it was flaky and slow. Now if it loads at all I'm lucky, if it loads it will hang 100% of the time. I've tried it on multiple iOS devices and the results are the same. From where I'm standing this app is comprehensively broken and useless.

So the question is, when is it going to be updated or fixed?
mike.ttsd

Re: Labtech app, Any chance of one that works?

Postby teamits » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:15 am

Are you on LabTech v10 already?

I've used it a few times and it loads slow since it seems to load in all computers at startup (so more computers = slower), but I haven't had a hanging problem. We're still on v2013.1 though. Also I don't think I've ever used it on a cell data connection.
Steve
teamits

Postby mike.ttsd » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:03 am

A year on and it's still rubbish. We've upgraded our server in the meantime giving it more memory and processor.
Today I needed to use the mobile app and it was just impossible to use.

Come on Labtech, how hard can it be to hire a couple of developers to work on this and nail it as a world class mobile RMM app?
mike.ttsd

Postby jasonr1023 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:03 pm

A year on? It hasn't been updated in the apple App Store since 2012!

This is a major weakness and should be addressed.
jasonr1023

Postby teamits » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:42 pm

In https://docs.labtechsoftware.com/LabTec ... wIn105.htm note the September patch:

Patch Notes 10.5.9 (September 30, 2016)
#7616320: Corrected an issue with the mobile app that was causing degraded performance after upgrading to LabTech 10.5.
Steve
teamits

Postby mike.ttsd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 am

jasonr1023 wrote:A year on? It hasn't been updated in the apple App Store since 2012!

This is a major weakness and should be addressed.

It was a year since I first mentioned the issue. I agree, this should be addressed.
mike.ttsd

Postby mike.ttsd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:41 am

teamits wrote:In https://docs.labtechsoftware.com/LabTec ... wIn105.htm note the September patch:

Patch Notes 10.5.9 (September 30, 2016)
#7616320: Corrected an issue with the mobile app that was causing degraded performance after upgrading to LabTech 10.5.

I'm on version 11 patch 7 and the mobile app is still utter rubbish. Seriously, how hard can it be to get a couple of devs to work on this. Connectwise are already outsourcing some work to India like CLoudConsole so it's not impossible.
mike.ttsd

Postby teamits » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am

I reported a few minor issues recently with the iOS app and received back:

"This product is in the process of being sunsetted. The issue you are referring to is new, currently support will only provide known, documented fixes and workarounds where updates will only address compatibility with supported Core Product versions, and not the OS of the device itself.

I can't verify at this time but look for a new app here on the horizon."
Steve
teamits

Postby teamits » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:02 pm

FWIW, saw this today: http://www.infoworld.com/article/316344 ... -apps.html. The current app is 32 bit since it displays the "may slow down your phone" warning on my phone. So, the app will stop working at some point.

There is still the web control center portal.
Steve
teamits

Postby teamits » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:24 pm

I had occasion to use the iOS app again today and decided to try the portal directly via Safari rather than the app. The portal was way faster, and seemed fine except for one thing:

If I pull up a computer in the web control center, click Run Script, and type into the Run field to set a time in the future, it says the script is scheduled. However it runs immediately.

If I use the sliders to pick a time, the script runs at the time shown in the field.

On my iPhone screen, the date/time picker that shows up is 90% off screen on my phone since iOS moves the field to the top of the screen in order to display the keyboard at the bottom, since it's a type-able field.
Steve
teamits

Return to 26B. iPhone