LabTech Support Forums

Labtech for iPad

This forum is for discussion of other LabTech mobile apps.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Labtech for iPad

Postby stumbows » Tue May 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is anything in the works for an iPad app? I know the iPhone app will work in zoom mode on iPad but with the higher res and added viewing area of the larger screen there is so much more potential for increased functionality.
stumbows

Re: Labtech for iPad

Postby slogan.labtechsoftware » Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 pm

In the short term, the existing app will have a better user interface for the iPad, in that the menu will appear on the left, and the current screen on the right.

Longterm, we are currently looking into how we can expand the iPad interface (as well as the Android app). Any suggestions would be welcome, but no promises :)
slogan.labtechsoftware
Global Moderator

Postby stumbows » Fri May 20, 2011 2:24 am

So currently there is no iPad app, so how soon will we see a first release? Even if it's basic I would love to just have a native iPad app for Labtech.
stumbows

Postby slogan.labtechsoftware » Fri May 20, 2011 4:37 am

The iPhone app will run on the iPad. I'm not sure exactly how to access it (Android user :))...I believe you have to go to the marketplace and look in the "iPhone apps for iPad section". However, the app is designed for the iPhone, so some screens have funky resolution, and it doesn't make good use of the space.

We are in the process of QA'ing our first iPad release. Unfortunately, between that and Apple's time to evaluate Apps before they are available, we are probably looking at a few weeks....
slogan.labtechsoftware
Global Moderator

Return to 26C. Other