LabTech Support Forums

Coupon Printer...

This forum is for discussion of expansion script related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Coupon Printer...

Postby dave.purscell.itnav » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 am

Anyone have a good script for removing Coupon Printer? I have tried tripping their uninstall string, but the uninstaller leaves a lot of junk behind. Just wondering if someone else has already solved this one.
dave.purscell.itnav

Re: Coupon Printer...

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Keep us posted!

Also, let us know how you handle the office ladies when they call to complain their coupon printer is gone Image

Postby cseverance.creeksideav » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:27 pm

We have had multiple break/fix clients get rootkits recently and the coupon printer was a common theme... The office ladies have been very receptive to the fact that printing coupons directly from a web page is far less risk than installing some software.

I would be very interested in a script for this one too.
cseverance.creeksideav

Postby dave.purscell.itnav » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I haven't been able to prove that Coupon Printer by itself is actually malware, but we often see it preceeding a rootkit by a just days. Sounds very trojan like.

I've tried a number of things, but no success scripting a removal yet.

I can easily remove it with malware removal tools. I just want to script it so that I can trigger the script automatically whenever I detect it.

The uninstall from add/remove programs does function and appears to be a pretty clean uninstall, but it requires user interaction. Perhaps I could walk through the uninstall using AutoIT. I have a script to push AutoIT to the client the first time I need it. May try that this afternoon on my wife's computer...which...you guessed it...has a copy of Coupon Printer installed. :)
dave.purscell.itnav

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Hey Dave,

Any luck with the AutoIT script? We've seen a sudden rise in Coupon Printer installs on our sites ;) I've got the program Blacklisted - and for now we just go in and remove it manually. Not a good way to do it.

Thanks,
Kurt

Postby pmcnamara.cosys » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Dave or Kurt, do you have any additional input on this?

If you are comfortable, maybe post your AutoIT scripts?

Thanks!
pmcnamara.cosys

Postby dave.purscell.itnav » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:25 am

Haven't had the chance to work out all the details with the AutoIT script. My problem is that AutoIT is expecting it to run in the user interface. Unfortunately, most users don't (or shouldn't) have administrative rights.

We're back to working on resolving that issue with a different script. If I can get this resolved, I will repost.
dave.purscell.itnav

Postby pmcnamara.cosys » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 am

These commands seem to work!

32 bit machines:
"C:\Program Files\Coupons\uninstall.exe" "/U:C:\Program Files\Coupons\Uninstall\uninstall.xml" /S

64 bit machines:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Coupons\uninstall.exe" "/U:C:\Program Files (x86)\Coupons\Uninstall\uninstall.xml" /S
pmcnamara.cosys

Postby dave.purscell.itnav » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 am

Seems to have worked. Thanks for the response.
dave.purscell.itnav

Postby lorentz.wulfconsulting » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am

The commands above no longer uninstall it silently, or at least not all versions. We have roughly a 20% success rate using them. The latest one you have to click next and finish - not very automated.

Were you ever successful with the AutoIT version? Anyone else have any black magic?
lorentz.wulfconsulting

Return to 29B. Scripts