LabTech Support Forums

Maintenance windows not applying?

This forum is for discussion of maintenance window related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Maintenance windows not applying?

Postby dana.goyette.cleverducks » Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm

I have a ticket open with this issue, but want to see what other users think of the issue:

We have a specific group with one server that’s set to reboot every night via a Windows scheduled task. I’ve set up a maintenance window on a new group that has only that one server, but we're still getting alerts. This maintenance window seems not to be taking effect. I’m also testing the same, and other, maintenance windows on the “Agent Types”->”Servers” group, and none seem to work.

For the sake of testing, I’ve also added a maintenance window that’s set to “now” (10:00 local time), but this also has no effect -- the server still shows "no maintenance".

Is anyone else having issues with maintenance windows not applying?
dana.goyette.cleverducks

Re: Maintenance windows not applying?

Postby brett.labtechsoft » Wed May 11, 2011 1:50 pm

After reading this, I tested and verified this issue, and already applied the fix to our code source. Sorry about that, this issue will be fixed for groups in our patch build coming soon.

A temporary work around for now is this:

Maintenance modes still work for Locations. You could isolate that server to a new location, and place that mode on that location. This way you won't be alerted on it for now till this build comes out.
Brett Cheloff
Director of Development
http://www.labtechsoftware.com
brett.labtechsoft
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kwoods.firstcolumn » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 am

I am experiencing a similar issue. I have a server that needs to stop a database service to be able to run its nightly backup. I have set a maintenance window on its location and on the group of which it is a member, but LT continues to automatically restart the stopped service. Do I need to remove the server from the group, leaving it only in the location to get the maintenance window to work?
This is a fairly significant issue, since we are unable to run our nightly backup.

Thanks,
Kurt
kwoods.firstcolumn

Postby nathan.sheppard.camelon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 am

Is there any progress with this?
nathan.sheppard@camelon.com.au
nathan.sheppard.camelon

Return to Maintenance Windows