LabTech Support Forums

Onboarding new Client results in Virus like Duplicating

This forum is for discussion of client management related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Onboarding new Client results in Virus like Duplicating

Postby josh.adams.devnulltech » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 pm

You guys remember when viruses used to come on to computers and it would replicate until the hard drive had 0 space and then make the computer inoperable?

Well we are having an issue like this with onboarding a new client. We went on site and installed an agent on all the machines and well the agents wont stay online and also each machine is duplicating numerous times and eating up all of our remaining seats in Labtech.

We contacted Labtech and our tech support agent said "update labtech, that should fix it" Well that didnt fix it. Seems like thats always their answer to get you off the phone.

Anyone have anything like this going on?
josh.adams.devnulltech

Re: Onboarding new Client results in Virus like Duplicating

Postby teamits » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 pm

In v2013 and 10.5 we've seen that to some much milder degree if a deleted computer rejoins. (deleted without removing agent, off for a month, turns on again). It can create one or two duplicates. However I've not seen duplicates for newly joining computers. Do they have any sort of firewall/router security that may be blocking the connection process?
Steve
teamits

Re: Onboarding new Client results in Virus like Duplicating

Postby josh.adams.devnulltech » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 pm

They have a watchdog router inplace. I checked communication and nothing appears to be blocking our IP address. That was the first thing I checked.
josh.adams.devnulltech

Return to Client Management