LabTech Support Forums

Pulling Raid disk serial numbers

This forum is for the discussion of all things related to the Computer Management Screen.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Pulling Raid disk serial numbers

Postby ian.integra-xp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 am

LT stores a single disk which represents a logical raid volume. However if you want to store the details of the physical disks you need to store physical disk info somewhere. This is handy for checking warranty or against the frequent alerts that come out for urgent disk firmware upgrades

Anyone know where this could be stored? Any ideas on what do to with it? I think its possible to extract this info, only I don't know what to do with it.
-- Ian Murphy
ian.integra-xp

Re: Pulling Raid disk serial numbers

Postby sales.wcswa » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm

I would like this as well but the only way I can see it working would be with 3rd party integration.

So would need to get some way to get this out of the Dell/HP/Adaptec management software - probably via SNMP or similar.

But I dont think there is going to be any easy solution unfortunately.
sales.wcswa

Postby mdeschambault.humanit » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:58 pm

On Mac/Linux machines, this is easy to get from the command line. I too am looking at where to store this.

LabTech is very Windows-centric, hence the single "Hard Drive" container. Most other SNMP agents have two categories, "Physical Drive" and "Filesystems". This to me makes more sense as you need to monitor different metrics for both categories.

I would be very interested in knowing how to hold/display this info since I can pull it easily for both platforms.

Manuel
mdeschambault.humanit

Postby mdeschambault.humanit » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Also, for servers with an IPMI Card (Dell DRAC and such), you might be able to pull some info you need directly from the IPMI card with a script. I used to do this to get fan info from Apple XServes. You would have to check if the info you need is exposed by the IPMI card.

Manuel
mdeschambault.humanit

Return to Computer Management