LabTech Support Forums

Automated Disable Performance or Sensor Monitors?

This forum is for the discussion of all things related to the Computer Management Screen.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Automated Disable Performance or Sensor Monitors?

Postby doug.macatawatechnologies » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:10 am

Okay, I'd describe myself as a Labtech --well, beginning intermediate. I've taken over RMM from our an outgoing person, and been doing it for the last six months. I've gone from how to just keep everything running to "now how do I change this to work better for me?" and begin writing a few scripts, doing groups from autojoin searches, etc.

I have some workstations that are obsolete and always alerting, but they probably won't be replaced soon. I've found a clunky way to fix this, by making a script to add the "NoPerf" file and restart the Labtech service, but at that point, it seems I also have to check the "Disable Performance Monitors", which so far I've had to do manually. I'd like to script checking this box as well, or if this method isn't best practice, find another better way. I've read about scripting the checking of Extra Data fields, but as this check box exists by default, I'm not sure it qualifies as one, and I didn't see it as a variable.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks very much. :)
Instant Sysadmin: just add caffeine.
doug.macatawatechnologies

Return to Computer Management