LabTech Support Forums

Mail issues with Hosted Exchange 2010

This forum is for discussion of Email related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Mail issues with Hosted Exchange 2010

Postby simon.tnn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Hello all,

We are ANOTHER frustreted Labtech client who is having major issues with the LT Email system - particularly integrating with our Office 365 / Hosted Exchange 2010 setup. :'(

The setup PARTIALLY works in that:
1. We have an email address configured in our Office 365, and have enabled Plain Text email via POP3 delivery
2. Clients can create tickets from their system tray Agent icon - These tickets / emails appear normally in Labtech
3. Technicians can "Respond" to the ticket and use Labtech to send the client email. This also works as expected.

4. PAIN POINT! When a client REPLIES to email that has been sent from Labtech, the response is completely garbled Indicator of what we receive back into Labtech:

PGh0bWwgeG1sbnM6dj0idXJuOnNjaGVtYXMtbWljcm9zb2Z0LWNvbTp2bWwiIHhtbG5zOm89InVy
bjpzY2hlbWFzLW1pY3Jvc29mdC1jb206b2ZmaWNlOm9mZmljZSIgeG1sbnM6dz0idXJuOnNjaGVt
YXMtbWljcm9zb2Z0LWNvbTpvZmZpY2U6d29yZCIgeG1sbnM6bT0iaHR0cDovL3NjaGVtYXMubWlj
Truncated SRW
9InBhZGRpbmc6MGNt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==

This issue has been thrown back and forth between Labtech and Microsoft. Each one is blaming the other, and we are left in the middle with a system that does not work properly. Currently, our inhouse support of our Labtech system is our largest cost centre for our business...... and it is NOT a profitable or chargeable cost centre!

Has anyone else experienced this issue, aqnd if so, how did you get it resolved?

An URGENT response from a Labtech moderator or a COMPETENT Labtech engineer would be appreciated.
simon.tnn

Re: Mail issues with Hosted Exchange 2010

Postby bbrewer.coldstreamlabs » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 am

We are having the exact same problem. It's ridiculous. We use Intermedia for our email provider however.

I see that this ticket was put in a couple months ago and I hope you got help. I'm in the middle of a support request with LT and we're not getting very far. Ticket responses worked previously and other helpdesk software seems to not have an issue. :evil: See LT support responses below:

I left you a voice mail at ###-###-####. Firoz, This is an exchange server issue how it reads an email. It is trying to format the HTML text but cannot do so. It needs to read plain text. Please specify the inbound and outbound MIME conversion types for the support mailbox.
http://serverfault.com/questions/10347/ ... ils-to-htm
Please let us know if the issue remain.
Thanks
Anit

I left you a voice mail at ### ### ####. If you are still receiving garbled emails despite MIME type being set to plain text then it is base64 encoding.

There is no resolution at this time, this is a limitation of LabTech functionality with base64 encoding.
This is because the messages are getting sent with a base64 header because there is some type of attachment to the message. LabTech does not strip/format the attachment in a readable format. Also if a message is sent with something like an image inline the ticket request area gets filled and looks something like this(a non-encoded but bad header):
<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)"><style><!--

Please let me know for any other assistance on this.

Thanks
bbrewer.coldstreamlabs

Postby simon.tnn » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Greetings Anit,

Unfortunately the Labtech team were unable to assist us or provide a timeframe on when their product will be able to receive email from Microsoft Hosted Exchange. The investment of our time/$$$ into this issue reached a point where it was no longer viable to continue. To summarise our experience in a word "disappointed" with this issue in relation to product, support team and developers.

We have worked around the problem by forwarding all inbound email from the Exchange mailbox to an external POP provider and using Labtech to pick it up from there.

Hope this gives you some direction for a quick and workable solution.

Cheers,
Simon
simon.tnn

Postby bbrewer.coldstreamlabs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:23 am

I'm testing a work around using HMail server. Hopefully poping down the hmail from hosted exchange first, then having LT pop from the hmail server will be a viable work around. None the less, it's ridiculous that LT has an issue like this and does not fix it in within an acceptable timeframe.
bbrewer.coldstreamlabs

Postby bbrewer.coldstreamlabs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:59 am

No Luck... "double poping" did not help.

The real issue here, IMO, is in how LT formats their response ticket emails. Apparently, they do it in a way that they can not read when it's sent back into the system. I'm at a loss on what to do now.........

Funny thing is, Spiceworks, a FREE inventory and helpdesk software can get it right with no issue. They rely on advertising and donation, but manage to put a better quality product out.

Labtech, you need to stop, take a step back, assess you product, fix the bugs for the core functions, and then focus on adding new features. I'd start with inventory and dataviews as most other functions rely on this to work properly, then monitors/alerts and finally ticketing and remote control. (remote control has improved for us, however) I'd also look at how you package the product installer. We didn't have UAC disabled on our server, I happen to think its a very good feature, but apparently the upgrade doesn't work correctly as the database is corrupted. UAC is something your installer should be compatible with. Give us, the LT users, a better idea of what you have on the roadmap and when it will be fixed or available.
bbrewer.coldstreamlabs

Postby tjones.phantompoint » Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 pm

I am having similar issues with attachments not being stripped properly and being left in the text. I also receive the same response from Labtech.

Tim
tjones.phantompoint

Postby geoff.callforsupport » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Anyone have an update on this? This is the reply I got from support:

Not very helpful as setting pop retrieval in Office365 does not seem to be supported. It requires an Outlook client.

If you set the support mailbox to use plain text only, all other MIME type data will be parsed out of the incoming email. That way, when the POP connector pulls the email, it'll be reading only plain text information.

It would be greatly appreciated it if you could complete the quick survey that follows the resolution of this ticket. We are working hard at providing the best service we can and your feedback helps us to provide better support for you. Thank you for contacting Labtech Support.
geoff.callforsupport

Postby mkeigher.choicesolutions » Fri May 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Hate to bring up an old post, but i found a way to get this work! :)

http://www.labtechgeek.com/forum/viewto ... f=14&t=730
Martyn T. Keigher - Managed Services Professional
Choice Solutions LLC

Join us in the ##labtech IRC channel @ http://bit.ly/WeDMb8.
- The channel created by LabTech users for LabTech users!

mkeigher.choicesolutions

Postby geoff.callforsupport » Fri May 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Awesome! thanks for posting this. I am going to do it right now. This has been an ongoing headach for us.
geoff.callforsupport

Postby mkeigher.choicesolutions » Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 pm

geoff.callforsupport wrote:Awesome! thanks for posting this. I am going to do it right now. This has been an ongoing headach for us.

Hey Geoff,

Just checking with you... Did you get your desired results with this??

Thanks.
Martyn T. Keigher - Managed Services Professional
Choice Solutions LLC

Join us in the ##labtech IRC channel @ http://bit.ly/WeDMb8.
- The channel created by LabTech users for LabTech users!

mkeigher.choicesolutions

Postby bruce.cepheussolutions » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:46 pm

I have been having these issues since mid 2014. I have the POP3 set to plain text but as stated earlier in the post the issue appears to be after LabTech amends information to the email you cannot reply back successfully.
Mail Server is Exchange 2010.
bruce.cepheussolutions

Return to Email