LabTech Support Forums

Need mail setup help

This forum is for discussion of Email related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Need mail setup help

Postby steve.m3it » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Hello,

I'm a brand new LT user and I can't seem to figure out how to configure the Mail Setup properly. I'm not sure I understand it properly. From the beginning of my LT trial, I think I activated the Amazon SES properly, I think I have the correct information in the Mail Setup, etc. But new tickets are note emailed to me and emails sent in are not converted to tickets. Is there anyone that can lend me a hand getting this set up?

Thanks!

Steve
steve.m3it

Re: Need mail setup help

Postby david.sohos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:29 am

Hi Guys,
I seem to be having the same problem. I have managed to set up Labtech to talk to my sbs11 server, and have configured the SMTP and POP settings correctly. I receive the emails into my email client when a ticket is created, however, when I reply to the email it sits in the POP account and Labtech does not retrieve the email to update the ticket. If I just send an email to the POP account a ticket doesn't get created either. I'm quite sure I've got it all set up correctly, but I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be really appreciated as I have been looking at this for a couple of days and can't seem to fix it.
Rgds
Dave
david.sohos

Re: Need mail setup help

Postby jlombardo.labtechsoftware » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:31 am

david.sohos wrote:Hi Guys,
I seem to be having the same problem. I have managed to set up Labtech to talk to my sbs11 server, and have configured the SMTP and POP settings correctly. I receive the emails into my email client when a ticket is created, however, when I reply to the email it sits in the POP account and Labtech does not retrieve the email to update the ticket. If I just send an email to the POP account a ticket doesn't get created either. I'm quite sure I've got it all set up correctly, but I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be really appreciated as I have been looking at this for a couple of days and can't seem to fix it.
Rgds
Dave

Hi Dave,

If your LabTech server is able to send mail out but is not receiving mail and creating tickets you can check the LTATickets.txt file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech\Logs on your LabTech server to see what response is given when Labtech tries to connect to the POP server. If you are a Cloud partner you should contact LabTech Software Support for assistance with this as you will not have direct access to the server and its log files.

One of the more common configuration issues is with the POP SSL Mode. Changing this setting from Automatic to Implicit, Explicit, or None depending on the settings you have configured on your mail server.
Joseph Lombardo
LabTech Software Support
jlombardo.labtechsoftware
LabTech Support Engineer
LabTech Support Engineer

Return to Email