LabTech Support Forums

Limit User Access in ScreenConnect

This forum is for getting started with LabTech.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Limit User Access in ScreenConnect

Postby seack.ksmconsulting » Thu May 28, 2015 11:22 am

We are in the process of deploying LabTech, along with ScreenConnect to our clients. Has anyone had experience with assigning users to groups so we can limit the access someone would have to their company's assets if we give them access to ScreenConnect? For instance, a remote user on the accounting team can use ScreenConnect to access a specific PC at their comapny's main office; but none of the other PCs.
seack.ksmconsulting

Re: Limit User Access in ScreenConnect

Postby mike.ttsd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:48 am

I'd love to know how to do this and I've asked Labtech support to no avail. We've got some clients that demand for security purposes that we do not connect to their systems without the user authorising it. Although we can do this with Labtech VNC, the ScreenConnect integration ignores these settings.

Yet another half baked "integration" from Labtech.
mike.ttsd

Postby seack.ksmconsulting » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 am

From my understanding, ScreenConnect is still a somewhat new product. We did not find a way to do this, and there does not appear to be one. However, as with their other main software title (CW), we'll see if it gets put into a new release down the road I guess.
seack.ksmconsulting

Postby nathanm.ntg » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:42 am

Actually Screenconnect uses the VNC settings - you can configure it to require a prompt to remote connect that way.
nathanm.ntg

Return to Getting Started