LabTech Support Forums

TeamViewer problems

This forum is for all add-on solutions for LabTech.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

TeamViewer problems

Postby rob.marathonit » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Please don't blast me about how wonderful ScreenConnect is - I believe it and have to find the time to set it up on my end. Gotta find the appropriate hardware and OS licensing - who says it's free? Anyway, looking froward to getting it, but for now, I am paying for TeamViewer and am trying to use it.

However, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with TV. Many times it installs on the agent computer and gives the end user a screen to set up unnattended access. However, even though it appears in the software list, it won't start from the agent screen - the prompt to install keeps coming up. So I have a user who wants the darned TV pop-ups to stop coming up at login, and I have no TV to use to help. Yes, I tried running the Reinstall script - no joy.

Just this afternoon, I had a new workgroup server (2012R2) that had TV installed and working fine. I promoted it to a domain controller, and TV will no longer work. I ran the reinstall script, the unsinstall worked fine, but the reinstall ended like this:

Parameters: cmd.exe!!! /c "%ltsvcdir%\packages\teamviewer\lttvpass.exe b2f7216a-98
Output: Failed: Error TVAPI: An invalid field name was used in a query string (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040204)

Waiting for support to get back to me, but it always seems like they call when I'm busy doing something else, or I'm in the car and not close to a computer. Not complaining about the support - I think they're awesome. The support process (anywhere) is such that scheduling all the extra time to work these things out is a challenge. It's not like I can wait all day by the phone for a call back... The REAL solution would be to improve the documentation - add KB docs to sort this stuff out, so we can self-support.

Anyone have any suggestions?
rob.marathonit

Re: TeamViewer installation problems

Postby rob.marathonit » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Apparently there are still some known issues with TV10 (or at least with the LT script to install it), and there is no predicted time for a solution to be made available.

To completely remove a bad TV10 installation, and replace with TV9:

* On the Teamviewer button on the bottom of the agent screen, right-click and click "Unregister Teamviewer..." (No idea if this actually does anything, as there's no feedback to indicate success or otherwise.)

* On the agent computer, completely uninstall TV10. I used Revo Uninstaller Portable, to make sure all the orphaned registry entries and files were deleted..

* On the agent computer, delete the Teamviewer folder from C:\Windows\ltsvc\packages. Next step won't work right if you miss this.

* Run a script called "Modified TeamViewer Install" (in scripts\software\teamviewer). On my Labtech cloud server, this script installs TV9

For me, this accomplished two things:

1. Allowed TV to be completely installed without errors.
2. Allowed the end user to log in and not be given a screen asking them to set up Unattended Access.
rob.marathonit

Return to Add-On Solutions