LabTech Support Forums

Control Mac and Java

This forum is for all add-on solutions for LabTech.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Control Mac and Java

Postby bhouser.houkconsulting » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:33 pm

I've had a handful of Mac computers connected to Labtech in the past. Recently there's been updates from LabTech to Automate and Screen Connect to Control. I've been able to access the Mac computers via Control/SC in the past but now I just get a black screen when I connect. Support informed me I should manually install Java on the machine to fix the problem. The issue is, I can't remotely access the machine to install Java to get the remote control to work so I'm stuck.

Anyone have any success in resolving this issue? I'd really like to not have to manually touch each Mac each time Java needs updated to make ConnectWiseControl work.....

Brady
bhouser.houkconsulting

Re: Control Mac and Java

Postby bhouser.houkconsulting » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:59 pm

I messed around with the potential of installing Mac Java all over the place and found a better solution. I uninstalled Control from the Control web console by executing the End and Uninstall option. I then reinstalled from the Automate menu and it worked like a champ. Guess I might just need to uninstall/reinstall each time there's a version update which breaks on a Mac.

Brady
bhouser.houkconsulting

Return to Add-On Solutions