LabTech Support Forums

NEW TILE INTERFACE (UGH) - Still hate it

This forum is for discussion of Control Center related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

NEW TILE INTERFACE (UGH) - Still hate it

Postby steve.technigogo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 pm

I have now given myself and my team several months to acclimate and I gotta say - it still really sucks, IMO.

I hated the tile interface in Windows 8 & 10 (and so do our customers) so much that we install ClassicShell on every single computer that we manage. God what I would give for a ClassicShell for Labtech.

I hate using Labtech now. It takes us SIGNIFICANTLY longer to do just about anything for troubleshooting computer issues now.

Just my two cents...

Oh, and please don't reply just to talk me into liking it - I have been using Labtech since April of 2011 so I've seen a few things.
Steve Waller
Technigogo Technology Services
Austin, Texas
steve.technigogo

Re: NEW TILE INTERFACE (UGH) - Still hate it

Postby janson.johnanson » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:00 pm

I agree, this is the worst upgrade ever. I have been using LabTech since 2009. I held off at version 10.5 then upgraded in Jan to version 12.
I have a on Prem system and it is way slower to load. may time the computer screen does not load correctly and freeze's and I have to close then reopen. tunnels suck! I cannot open a web browser after making a tunneled RDP session to a client server. and the latest update too away the browse to select a file to upload and their was nothing about that in the update documents.

I agree I HATE this version
janson.johnanson

Re: NEW TILE INTERFACE (UGH) - Still hate it

Postby teamits » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm

I found if you right click on the icons in the top bar, it shows a menu of the items that would be on that page of tiles. E.g. the Device icon shows Logs, Hardware, etc.

re: Janson's comments, I'm not sure if you are talking about a browser on your PC or on the remote PC but I use tunnels all the time for Remote Desktop and have a browser open on my other monitor. Maybe there is some conflict between IP subnets or something so routing is changed? I would ask support.

File upload is still there...Commands/File/Download File From LTShare (or ...Address). If that's not showing for you ensure your L: drive is mapped. Can also drag and drop into a ScreenConnect session.
Steve
teamits

Return to Control Center