LabTech Support Forums

Process list...

This forum is for discussion of Dashboard related issues.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Process list...

Postby mschenkman.thetnsgroup » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi all,

I have a question. When I go to Dashboard --> Config --> Configurations --> Process List I see 147 pages of grayware. Some valid, some ridiculous like Toshiba buttons and a whole lot of valid software update process like ASUS Live Update and DynDNS (some people we support actually use that still...).

I want to remove a whole bunch of seemingly valid processes, but there's no option to right click and delete. Regardless, I want to do a mass purge of lots of these. Any ideas?

Thanks

M
~Matt :shock: It's not a bug... it's an undocumented feature.
mschenkman.thetnsgroup

Re: Process list...

Postby mschenkman.thetnsgroup » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 am

Still nothing? I couldn't imagine that I'm the only person interested in this... unless it's something stupid and I just need to be informed.
mschenkman.thetnsgroup

Postby theuns.itblue » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:31 am

Hi,

Try this:

1. Go to Groups / All Agents > RIGHT-click > Dataviews > Process > Running Processes CLASSIFIED
2. Filter on Process Status = Grey
3. Highlight the processes you want to change RIGHT-click > processes > Classify Processes > Good Program

Test before ordering any beer

hth
theuns.itblue

Postby mschenkman.thetnsgroup » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 pm

theuns.itblue wrote:Hi,

Try this:

1. Go to Groups / All Agents > RIGHT-click > Dataviews > Process > Running Processes CLASSIFIED
2. Filter on Process Status = Grey
3. Highlight the processes you want to change RIGHT-click > processes > Classify Processes > Good Program

Test before ordering any beer

hth

That allows me to classify processes that are "grey" as good, so thank you for that. Unfortunately, the "Grayware" classification in the dashboard still exists. I can go through each to change it from gray to good, but I don't want to have to do that hundreds of times. Another example is HP's instant support button. Now, I understand why we wouldn't like that, because it's bloat. But why would it be classified as Grayware?
mschenkman.thetnsgroup

Postby brendon.netcal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:39 am

I couldn't find it either. I opened a ticket with support. For the meantime I just went into the table processlist and delete the errors.
brendon.netcal

Postby brendon.netcal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:29 pm

Support says its not possible to delete. I find this strange because it has an option to add. They recommended to change the status of the item in the processlist.
brendon.netcal

Return to Dashboard