LabTech Support Forums

Ticket generated via Email through LT not getting set correc

This forum is for discussion of the Autotask plugin for LabTech.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

Ticket generated via Email through LT not getting set correc

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 pm

We have a helpdesk alias that our customers are sending support requests to and LT is picking those up and creating tickets.

We are moving to Autotask and have the integration working very well, but have discovered that the tickets that land in Autotask appear to be created by one of our users.

The LT connector is not passing the emaiul address of the original creator on to Autotask.

Is there a setting that I am missing or is this configuration simply outside the scope of what the connector was intended to do? If outsoide the scope, does anyone have any recommendations for an email parser?

We are looking at Email2DB as it is only a one-time purchase and seems farily straightforward to setup.

Also thiking about setting this up on the LT server.

Thoguths?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ticket generated via Email through LT not getting set co

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:45 am

It seems that LT will take the information like email address of the client that is submitting the ticket etc and just drop all of that into the body of the ticket and not into the appropriate XML fields that AT can then use.

I have played with this a bit and can't seem to get it to pass an email address as the ticket submitter.

The plugin seems very limited from that standpoint.

If a customer opens a ticket you can't respond back directly, workflows won't function correctly if they are set to notify (there is no client email address in any field that AT can read) and much of the automation is lost.

The monitor-to-ticket piece is still solid, but anything generated by a client gets to a manual process very quickly.

Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Email2DB maybe?

Any info is really appreciated.

Postby tzerilli.labtechsoftware » Fri May 06, 2011 9:58 am

We are currently working on version 3.1 which will include this functionality. Look for an update within the next 2 weeks.
tzerilli.labtechsoftware

Postby steve.grabowski.soho-integration » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:07 am

My tickets that come through email to help@ get posted into Labtech Tickets - however they do not go over to Autotask. Any ideas?

If I create a ticket manually in Labtech they get created in Autotask.

Any ideas?
steve.grabowski.soho-integration

Postby chris.thinkdept » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:11 am

Steve,

did you ever get a resolution to this issue? All of the sudden we're having the same problem.
chris.thinkdept

Return to 4A. Autotask