LabTech Support Forums

What does this mean?

This forum is for discussion of the Autotask plugin for LabTech.

Moderator: jware.connectwise

What does this mean?

Postby steve.grabowski.soho-integration » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:55 pm

This is the response I received from support about setting up Labtech w/ Autotask. I'm getting the errors about the users can't authenticate - and can't sync time ,etc.

"The RoleID and Ticket Allocation code needed to be added to the LabtechAdmin user. The role and allocation code are both named "Remote Support". You will need to set all your users associations to this role and allocation code. Also, please do a search for old autotask.dll on the LabTech server. Make only the updated dll is located on the server. Please let us know if you have any other questions."

What does this mean? I emailed support back and didn't get a response. "Role ID"? "Ticket Allocation Code"? This needs added to the labtech admin user... can anyone please explain this? Screen shots perhaps? I didn't see any reference to this in the documentation..
steve.grabowski.soho-integration

Re: What does this mean?

Postby dbenet.smbtech » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:57 am

I was on the phone with support for close to 3 hours last Friday getting my Autotask Integration sorted out. The person I was working with in support needed to consult with colleagues several times to get through the issues I was having which were related to items not documented in the AutoTask integration setup guide.

She said that the documentation is in need of a serious overhaul as by following the instructions step by step will not result in the integration working.

Maybe I was lucky that the support person was working the evening shift and had more time to work with me. I'm in Australia, so it was my morning and we both were starting our working day.
David Benet
SMB Technology
Melbourne, Australia
dbenet.smbtech

Return to 4A. Autotask